This is *the* recommended way of upgrading Drupal! I just upgraded from 6.15 to 6.16 and it worked flawlessly and was over in a couple of methods. It's so easy compared to the method suggested in upgrade.txt (download tarball, remove all old files, unzip tarball... no thanks!).
The instructions are pretty simply but because they reference upgrade.txt I thought I would share the entire process here as a quick overview (please make sure you still read upgrade.txt and instructions on this page):
1. backup drupal db
2. backup drupal root directory and sub directories
3. Make sure you are logged in as admin (uid=1)
4. Place site in maintainece mode, /admin/settings/site-maintenance
5. If using a custom or contributed theme, switch to a core theme, such as Garland or Bluemarine.
6. get latest patch file from http://fuerstnet.de/en/drupal-upgrade-easier
6. cd your-drupal-directory
7. Dry run: patch -p1 --dry-run < patchfile
8. Patch: patch -p1 < patch-file
9. Verify the new configuration file to make sure it has correct information. sites/default/settings.php
10. Run update.php by visiting /update.php
11. enable usual theme
12. Finally, return your site to "Online" mode so your visitors may resume
That's it! Thanks Bernhard Fürst - you're a champ!
Weitere Informationen über Formatierungsoptionen